- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Prepare popcorn: Lift the kettle lid all the way to the top to adhere to the magnet and carefully pour kernels and oil into the popping kettle. CAUTION: Lid may be HOT! Lower the kettle lid.
- Carefully close the door on the main unit and Switch ON the main power at the side.
- Popcorn starts popping out through the lid of the popping kettle. Switch OFF when popping is complete (when there is no more popping sound from the kettle).
- It is suggested to lift the kettle lid before pulling the switch to release popcorn. This will avoid incidence of which the lid spins with force and damage the unit. CAUTION: Kettle will be HOT!
- This recipe should yield about 12 cups of popcorn. Once fully popped, add popcorn to a large mixing bowl.
- Prepare salted caramel sauce: In a medium saucepan, melt the salted butter over medium heat and add the sugar. Stir until the sugar begins to dissolve and then add maple syrup and half of the fleur de sel salt.
- Increase heat to medium high and boil mixture for 3 minutes. Do not stir during this time.
- Slice vanilla pod in half and scrape seeds out by sliding the back of the knife over the pod. Add vanilla seeds and baking soda to the saucepan and stir until the caramel is glossy and thickened.
- Pour sauce into the mixing bowl with the popcorn. Stir well until every popped kernel is coated with the caramel.
- Line two baking trays with parchment paper and spread the popcorn out onto both. Sprinkle the remaining half of the fleur de sel salt.
- Bake for half an hour, occasionally moving the popcorn around for even browning. Once done baking, allow the popcorn to cool off.
Substitute plain sea salt for fleur de sel.
Substitute vanilla extract for vanilla pod seeds.